Thursday, April 4th 2013
Reopening Cyprus' Banks
Today's talking points
Cypriots queued at banks as they reopened on Thursday under tight controls imposed on transactions, but there was no sign of a run on deposits that had been feared after the government was forced to accept a stringent EU rescue package. Banks were shut almost two weeks ago as the government negotiated a 10 billion euro ($13 billion) international bailout to avert a national bankruptcy, the first in Europe's single currency zone to impose losses on bank depositors.
Syndicate The Gold Show
Are you a radio station? Find out how to broadcast The Gold Show with Jonathan Rose to your audience.
- Renowned Investors Warn of Stock Market Bubble
- How to Protect Your Savings from the Shrinking Dollar
- Gold is the Essential Safe-Haven Asset for Every Portfolio
- Gold: The Ultimate Inflation-Fighting Asset in an Unstable World
- Gold Among Top Performing Assets in 2014
- Fireworks Ahead in the Gold and Silver Sector
- U.S. Economy Tumbled By Most in Five Years
- Gold Prices Rise On Iraq Turmoil